The role of digital marketing in growing an eCommerce business has never been more crucial. Having an online store means that you need to devote the time and budget to grow sales using social media, search engines, paid advertisements, and more. But that isn’t always easy.
1. You Want Customers to Find You If you want to succeed as an eCommerce brand, you can’t just put up a Shopify store and hope for the best. You have to continuously work to get customers to find you, which only happens if you’re consistently engaging in digital marketing strategies.
The most effective? eCommerce search engine optimization (SEO). This is the process of ensuring your website follows all Google and Bing best practices for optimization. Many eCommerce consulting teams also agree that this takes a fair amount of content marketing, such as writing blog posts about your particular niche to gain shoppers’ attention and build your credibility as a company.
2. You Want to Remind Shoppers That You Exist Maybe you hit it lucky right out of the gate and had a product go viral in a very short period of time. That means that you likely have a ton of satisfied past customers that would probably love to purchase from you again – but they might have forgotten that you exist. That’s when it is important to use digital marketing to remind them who you are.
Posts on social media, eCommerce email marketing, and even retargeting Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads can all help your brand get back on their radar. Once you’re able to place digital advertising in front of them consistently, you’ll see an uptick in sales and improve the overall customer experience.
3. Social Media is Super Important to Your Brand What most small eCommerce businesses don’t realize is that they are more than just an online store. They are a brand that needs consistent maintenance to gain attention and grow. One easy way to do this is with social media. In fact, it is one of the most crucial aspects of digital marketing for small businesses.
Whether you are a Facebook marketing expert yourself or you take the time to learn about Instagram for brands, there are numerous ways you can market your eCommerce business on social media that gains tons of customer attention.
4. eCommerce PPC Can Dramatically Increase Sales Another thing you need to know about digital marketing for small business owners is just how effective Pay-Per-Click marketing can be. In fact, placing PPC ads on social media platforms and search engines is one of the fastest and most highly recommended steps for growing your eCommerce business.
If you look at many successful eCommerce case studies, you’ll see that the vast majority of them include some sort of PPC advertising strategy. Furthermore, even the brands that cannot find a way to successfully handle this process on their own opt to outsource the task to an experienced digital marketing partner.
5. Digital Marketing is Essential for Growth Owning an eCommerce business is often easier than general retail marketing in that you don’t have a brick-and-mortar location to upkeep. Instead, you have to consistently work to keep your brand in front of potential customers through frequent digital marketing techniques.
Simply put, you need eCommerce digital marketing to grow. If you aren’t regularly employing strategies like search engine optimization, social media marketing, email marketing, and paid advertising, it can be challenging to catch the attention of shoppers who are constantly see
PYR Concepts is a full-service business consulting company that provides management consulting services to sales, marketing, operations, and design. From defining sales strategy, defining brand voice to developing long-term marketing strategies, cost savings, to business optimization. and product development to market launch, PYR Concepts can deliver what you need to win.